The Iconoclastic Investor

To make better than average money in the stock market you have to do something different from the average investor. You have to be an iconoclast--thinking independently and finding the approaches that work for you, not blindly following someone else's program. In this blog I'm refining my own iconoclastic and eclectic ways of thinking. I'm not trying to convert anyone to my opinions or methods--I just hope to provide a useful perspective and inspire some other investors' thinking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

Friday, May 19, 2006

A Couple of Early Buys

With Asian and European markets rebounding a bid and pre-open futures market looking positive, I put six stocks on my watch list to buy on strength. I bought 100 shares of Shanda Interactive (SNDA) and 50 shares of MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR) because they were strong out of the gate. So far at least I haven't done anything on Emcore (EMKR), Intermagnetics General (IMGC), Marvel Entertainment (MVL), or Hansen Natural (HANS) because they are down or they've given up too much early gains.

Posted at 9:55 a.m. Eastern time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home