The Iconoclastic Investor

To make better than average money in the stock market you have to do something different from the average investor. You have to be an iconoclast--thinking independently and finding the approaches that work for you, not blindly following someone else's program. In this blog I'm refining my own iconoclastic and eclectic ways of thinking. I'm not trying to convert anyone to my opinions or methods--I just hope to provide a useful perspective and inspire some other investors' thinking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Buys in ENER and WFR

Last night I forgot to mention the current star performer of the alternative-energy sector at the moment: MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR). As of yesterday it was down five straight days in a fairly orderly pullback. It has paid to buy the dips for the last several months. With the market decent, oil up, and several alternative-energy plays up, I added 20 shares of WFR to my position, and I bought 20 shares of Energy Conversion Devices (ENER) in the first few minutes.

I put a stop on ENER at $45.88, just below today's low of $46.06. WFR I'm considering for more of a long-term holding, and it's a lot less volatile right now, so I haven't put a stop order on it.

Posted 10:20 Eastern time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home