The Iconoclastic Investor

To make better than average money in the stock market you have to do something different from the average investor. You have to be an iconoclast--thinking independently and finding the approaches that work for you, not blindly following someone else's program. In this blog I'm refining my own iconoclastic and eclectic ways of thinking. I'm not trying to convert anyone to my opinions or methods--I just hope to provide a useful perspective and inspire some other investors' thinking.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

Monday, May 15, 2006

Update On Market and Hansen

As soon as I posted a complaint about the stock market ignoring today's good news, a rally started that carried some indices to a positive close. Hansen Natural (HANS), which I've been writing about, bucked the negative start and rose strongly from the open, finishing up 12.7%. Investors showed once again how it got to be the best ten-year performer. I had sold 20 shares at $190.90 on the way down; I replaced 10 at about the same price, and Hansen rose from there, closing at about $195.

As of now I would have been better off to stay put and ignore Hansen's wild gyrations of the past week. Sometimes all my moves are wrong and the buy-and-hold approach wins. I can can take comfort that recent sales A.O. Smith (AOS), Harris & Harris Group (TINY), and Intermagnetics General (IMGC) remain locked in downtrends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home